3. widening of the southbound exit from the B3006,
4. an improved shared footway and cycle path on the northwest side of the roundabout,
5. new tactile paving to be installed by the existing drop kerbs at non-motorised user crossings,
6. improvements to lighting, traffic signs and safety barriers and a refreshing of road markings, and
7. new drainage to be installed where the road has been widened.
The scheme is scheduled to start on Monday 4 November and is expected to be completed by mid-February 2014. For the safety of the workforce and to keep overall disruption to a minimum, work will primarily take place during off peak daytime hours between 9am and 4pm. When required, some overnight works will take place between 10pm and 6am.
Timings of forthcoming work will include:
Monday 4 to Friday 8 November (9am to 4pm) vegetation clearance to take place during off-peak daytime hours along the A3 northbound verge.
Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 November (10pm to 6am both nights) narrow lanes to be installed on the A3 northbound approach to the Ham Barn Roundabout. The northbound carriageway will be closed at these times and a signed diversion route will be in place.
Monday 11 November onwards carriageway work to commence within off-peak daytime lane closures.
Please be aware that the scheme programme has been carefully planned but may be altered at short notice due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. poor weather conditions or emergency works).
I would like to apologise in advance for any disturbance or inconvenience caused by the works.
Should you require any further information regarding this scheme, please contact the Highways Agency Information Line on 0300 123 5000 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please visit the scheme webpage at www.highways.gov.uk/a3hambarn, where you can subscribe to receive automated email alerts.